2023 Scholarship Application Deadline - Friday, January 31, 2023
Y-W Electric Association, Inc., has several scholarships available to the dependents of our membership. If you receive electric power from Y-W Electric either for a home or farm/business location, then your dependents are eligible to apply for the following scholarships:
- $1,000 Renewable Four-Year Scholarships sponsored by Y-W Electric Association, Inc.
- $1,000 One-time scholarships sponsored by Y-W Electric Association, Inc.
- One $1,000 Scholarship sponsored by Basin Electric Power Cooperative will be awarded by YW Electric to the dependent of a Y-W member.
- $500 scholarships sponsored by Y-W Electric Association, Inc.
- Two $500 Scholarships sponsored by Tri-State Generation and Transmission will be awarded by Y-W Electric. (The same application form is used.)
- One $1,000 Line Technician training Scholarship sponsored by Y-W Electric Association Inc.
At the discretion of the Scholarship Committee, additional scholarships may be awarded.
All scholarship application forms must be returned to the Y-W Electric headquarters prior to January 31, 2023. Any applications that arrive after January 31, 2023, will NOT BE CONSIDERED REGARDLESS OF THE POST MARK. All application forms must be complete and signed by the student.
If you receive this information and are not eligible under Y-W Electric’s criteria, you might check with your electric power supplier. You may be eligible under their criteria for some of the same scholarships within their service territory.